The Little House Collection (Little House #1-5) 
The Little House books have been cherished by generations of readers as both a unique glimpse into America's frontier history and a heartwarming, unforgettable story.
The story begins in 1871 in a little log cabin on the edge of the Big Woods of Wisconsin. Laura lives in the little house with her Pa, her Ma, her sisters Mary and Carrie, and their trusty dog, Jack. Pioneer life is sometimes hard for the family, since they must grow or catch all their own food as they get ready for the cold winter. But it is also exciting as Laura and her family celebrate Christmas with homemade toys and treats, do the spring planting, bring in the harvest, and make their first trip into town. And every night they are safe and warm in their little house, with the happy sound of Pa's fiddle sending Laura and her sisters off to sleep.
And so begins Laura Ingalls Wilder's beloved story of a pioneer girl and her family.
Correlates to the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts
I've heard so many people say these books were boring. Granted, I was a strange child, but I loved them. I loved all the descriptions of how they did things, and all the "typical day" chapters, as well as the ones that actually advanced the "plot." I wanted to know what Laura's life was like, and she told me.
7/1/15So I just finished Little House in the Big Woods. I can't say I've read all the books (I had a book of some of them when I was a little kid but I don't remember what they were) or really remember the TV series well but I think this book might have been my favorite... I don't know what it is about it but I just really liked it. I will continue in the series after I've finished The Raven Boys (for the Traveling Book Project).7/12/15I just finished Farmer Boy this morning. I really enjoyed it

The wonderful first five installments of the wonderful The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Gorgeous characters, wonderful story, and a beautiful covers, of course!This is pretty much my childhood in a box :)
One of the best.
Oh, and I can't even begin to say how much I love these books. My favorites are "On the Banks of Plum Creek" and "These Happy Golden Years." Laura did such an amazing job of telling her story. A must read for everyone, old and young!
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Paperback | Pages: 999 pages Rating: 4.53 | 3670 Users | 95 Reviews

Define Of Books The Little House Collection (Little House #1-5)
| Title | : | The Little House Collection (Little House #1-5) |
| Author | : | Laura Ingalls Wilder |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 999 pages |
| Published | : | October 12th 2004 by HarperCollins (first published 1932) |
| Categories | : | Classics. Childrens. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction |
Relation Toward Books The Little House Collection (Little House #1-5)
Set during the pioneer days of the late 1800s and early 1900s, Laura Ingalls Wilder's books chronicle her life growing up on the Western frontier. Come along for the adventure with this collector's set of the first five Little House books, featuring Garth Williams' interior art in vibrant full color.The Little House books have been cherished by generations of readers as both a unique glimpse into America's frontier history and a heartwarming, unforgettable story.
The story begins in 1871 in a little log cabin on the edge of the Big Woods of Wisconsin. Laura lives in the little house with her Pa, her Ma, her sisters Mary and Carrie, and their trusty dog, Jack. Pioneer life is sometimes hard for the family, since they must grow or catch all their own food as they get ready for the cold winter. But it is also exciting as Laura and her family celebrate Christmas with homemade toys and treats, do the spring planting, bring in the harvest, and make their first trip into town. And every night they are safe and warm in their little house, with the happy sound of Pa's fiddle sending Laura and her sisters off to sleep.
And so begins Laura Ingalls Wilder's beloved story of a pioneer girl and her family.
Correlates to the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts
Details Books Concering The Little House Collection (Little House #1-5)
| ISBN: | 0060754281 (ISBN13: 9780060754280) |
| Series: | Little House #1-5 |
Rating Of Books The Little House Collection (Little House #1-5)
Ratings: 4.53 From 3670 Users | 95 ReviewsPiece Of Books The Little House Collection (Little House #1-5)
I read these books when I was younger and loved them. When I saw the first five books were collected in a beautiful new binding I had to pick this up and re-read them. I appreciate them even more now, knowing the politics of the frontier and the many dangers people faced in the 1870s-1880s. Laura has an amazing gift for storytelling, painting pictures with her words, as her sister Mary said after Mary went blind due to scarlet fever. I only hope the other books are collected in another binding,I've heard so many people say these books were boring. Granted, I was a strange child, but I loved them. I loved all the descriptions of how they did things, and all the "typical day" chapters, as well as the ones that actually advanced the "plot." I wanted to know what Laura's life was like, and she told me.
7/1/15So I just finished Little House in the Big Woods. I can't say I've read all the books (I had a book of some of them when I was a little kid but I don't remember what they were) or really remember the TV series well but I think this book might have been my favorite... I don't know what it is about it but I just really liked it. I will continue in the series after I've finished The Raven Boys (for the Traveling Book Project).7/12/15I just finished Farmer Boy this morning. I really enjoyed it

The wonderful first five installments of the wonderful The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Gorgeous characters, wonderful story, and a beautiful covers, of course!This is pretty much my childhood in a box :)
One of the best.
Oh, and I can't even begin to say how much I love these books. My favorites are "On the Banks of Plum Creek" and "These Happy Golden Years." Laura did such an amazing job of telling her story. A must read for everyone, old and young!

No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.